Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Parmesan Crisps

Pin It
These little Parmesan Crisps are a great substitute for crackers. I don't really hold myself back if I'm dieting and craving some sort of starch, but I also try to make healthy and reasonable choices whenever possible. That's why these came in handy when I wanted some hummus and a vegetable pairing was becoming monotonous. I'm sure they would also be great with most dips, slices of pepperoni or some fresh salsa. And you can make a whole plateful in less than ten minutes. They're best if eaten the same day, though...otherwise they begin to soften. And no one likes soft "chips." I don't think you'll have any problem scarfing these down the same day, though. Enjoy!




Ingredients


  • 1 cup fresh Parmesan (or a Parmesan and Romano blend cheese), freshly grated
  • Salt and pepper, to taste

Freshly grate cheese. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. 


Heat a skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add three separate piles of grated cheese. Lightly pat down. Allow to cook until the top begins to bubble. Use a metal spatula to flip each piece. Cook the other side for about 30 more seconds. Remove and place on a paper towel-lined plate to cool. Repeat with remaining cheese.


Source: SK Original

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some love! Thanks for stopping by :)