Monday, February 13, 2012

Chocolate Covered Strawberry Bouquet

Pin It
Want to score some extra points with your sweetie this Valentine's Day? A chocolate covered strawberry bouquet is where it's at...
So many different toppings!!
I made these the other weekend for my sister-in-law's 40th birthday, and they were a huge hit. Her birthday happened to fall on Super Bowl Sunday, so I also made cute little football strawberries for the rest of the crowd. By the end of the evening, there were none left. That should tell you something!

For the bouquet, I bought lollipop sticks at the craft store and stuck them into the top of each strawberry. Then I spread out my toppings bar, dipped the strawberries in the chocolate, and then immediately sprinkled the toppings over top. It helps to have some floral foam on hand, too, because then you can stick these upright and they won't get messed up. I just placed floral foam in the bottom of a plastic container, topped it with leftover shredded green paper I had from the last 40th birthday present I made, and stuck the decorated strawberries on top. It turned out very cute! Anyone is sure to love these! Happy Valentine's Day :)

Extras that I made.

Decorated just for the Giants victory! GO BLUE!
Printable Recipe

Ingredients
  • 1 lb. fresh strawberries
  • 1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 tbsp. butter
Toppings:
  • Shredded coconut, finely shredded
  • Chocolate truffles, chopped
  • Peanuts, chopped
Melt the chocolate and butter over a double boiler. Do this by boiling water in a small saucepan and placing a Pyrex bowl over top of the saucepan so it fits tightly. Add the chocolate and butter and continue to stir until fully melted.

If making strawberry pops, stick a lollipop stick into the top of each strawberry. Dip into the chocolate so they are fully coated. Immediately sprinkle with desired topping. Place in floral foam and allow to dry. If not using lollipop sticks, place on wax paper to allow to dry. Keep refrigerated.

Source: SK Original

1 comment:

  1. Super cute! I love chocolate covered strawberries {well, chocolate covered ANYTHING, really}!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love! Thanks for stopping by :)